Music Banter - View Single Post - best ska band
Thread: best ska band
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 08:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
All_Nite_Dinah
Not Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly
so true. i don't know how many times i have seen people say "i love ska my favorite bands are less than jake, catch 22, mighty mighty bosstones, and streetlight"

some of those bands are good, but i would hardly consider them to be good SKA. i'm mostly into the earlier part of the third wave: the toasters, the slackers, hepcat, the pietasters, mephiskapheles, johnny socko, the scofflaws, ednas goldfish, and eastern standard time, just to name a few. but you also gotta appreciate the 1st wave skatalites, peter tosh, the wailers as well as the 2nd wave the specials, bad manners, madness. ska goes so much deeper than your less than jake catch 22 bull****. there's difference between ska/punk and ska.

haha. and i'm done.

Acctually the toasters play 2tone and Peter Tosh was more of a reggae guy but I know what your saying. Most every band I've seen listed on these boards has just been a punk band with horns. My personal favorites are most UK 2tone. Lots of fairly obscure stuff. And traditional ska. I dont buy in to that wave bull **** though. I dont care if people like ska punk but you should at least know the difference. Hell even I like Leftover crack, but at least I know what real ska is.
All_Nite_Dinah is offline   Reply With Quote