Music Banter - View Single Post - Not actually a lyric yet...
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

The young-uns, definitely. My dad was a rotary president a few years ago and I know from experience that most of the older people who organise charity fund-raising things don't do it out of a sense of silly guilt, they just do it because they feel like doing it and quite like all that fund-raising. If people put their own time and effort (and maybe money) into doing something like that, I have no problem with it. Its their choice and their time. Yes, there may be quite a few weirdos who go and bucket collect in a completely charmless way - but I can't really write about them as I know nothing of them as people... except for that they seems a bit weird.

However, when you get other young people who go on about wanting student fees abolished AND more money pumped into education AND a new mobile with an onboard camera and bluetooth AND some brand-spanking new clothes from the sales AND sweat-shops abolished AND a well paid job after their education AND third-world debt to be written off AND their free coffee at lunchtime AND a fair deal for coffee farmers...

That kind of peevs me.

So, thanks for that question. Its given me more focus. Kind of convenient, the way I feel about it, as its mostly going to be younger people listening to our music so I can sing the issue right to them.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote