Music Banter - View Single Post - Mainstream Vs. Underground
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I'm not trying to be controversial, indie kids piss me off.

God knows theres good indie bands, but I think in general, there are even more bad indie bands than mainstream bands, Bright Eyes makes any Nickelback clone sound promising by comparison. And yes, sometimes a band dosen't get a record deal because they're "too fresh", "too original" and "too challenging" but 70% of the time it's simply because they suck ass, Indie kids would listen to any garbage Pitchfork Media told them to, the whole "non conformist" image of Indie is purely fake, Indie labels are in it for the money like everyone else, the Indie trend is pure capitalism that poses as something revolutionary... Maybe I am generalizing, but I see it as a fact, and I wish more people would realise it.
What bright eyes have you actually heard? Cause thats a complete bull, yeah if you heard something off of a collection of songs I suppose but for the most part everything bright eyes has done>>>>>>>nickelback. And indie is a veryvery large group of bands to bash like that. Besides, like 80% of punk artists were indie bands.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote