Music Banter - View Single Post - the problem with kids today
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 08:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Oi_To_The_World
Unpatriot Act

i like the original post (whoever wrote it) saying that not conforming is conforming. i think i said something along those lines in another post somewhere.
i think people have this unintentional fixation with labels. i think it is just as common with adults as it is teens or children. most of the people on this site are still in high school, so there's yer typical clique-label crap that everybody goes through. In the workplace however, there are just as many useless labels. People are constantly conforming to their political (or nonpolitical) affiliations, religion, social standing and etiquette, gender, race, etc. etc.
in general, i think people should not concern greatly over what they or someone else is wearing. it seems really trivial once you get outta high school, where image is force-fed to the impressionable. let people do what they want. and you do what you want. because in the end, no fashion is original or creative. No label is withstanding...
If you talk to an intelligent person, they will not care what you are wearing. At least, i hope not...
never mind.
Oi_To_The_World is offline   Reply With Quote