Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bass thread
Thread: The Bass thread
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
andy
Guitar Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow
If you're a shit guitarist but are a good at arranging music or just find pure enjoyment in doing so then your best bet is pick up some sticks or a bass. Most music isn't bass driven so you can just use basic theory and get by. I think a sick bassists has far more talent than a sick guitarist. Jazz bassists> 98% of guitarists.

I picked up a guitar after bass and I really think that helped me because I was use the frets being so far away. The "hard" chords aren't really hard to me and moving up and down the fret board is no problem at all. The strings are easier to play faster with as well. I've always prefered counter melody so I'll stick with my bass.
Yeah I'm talking about all different genres of guitar, take country guitar for example, feck sake it's difficult, take Chet Atkins and Adrian Legg, fingerpicking masters, playing alternating basslines while keeping a melody, that takes skill, then we move onto Blues, through to rock and Classical, overall the guitar is a more versatile instrument, not to go off subject