Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #929 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
"blah chimes in with, 'haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamned door?', enough said on that matter. I've only heard two songs by Blue October, and over 50% of a bands revenue comes from album sales. Plus the record company looks at how much they sell, and that decides alot on how much the company favors them. Example:

Cold 1995/'96-2006

Recently released the last album, "A Different Kind Of Pain".
Scooter Ward the vocalist, posted a personal message on his site.
The message stated that Cold was, "bowing out, rather than being forced to",
and this was due to the record not meating expectations. So since they didn't get enough sales on that album, the band is no more.

Also, while the band tours there is expenses like, gas, food, hotels, etc etc.
If you like a band, buy the album.
You quote one line and don't explain what sucks about it, quoting a line is the worst way to prove a band has poor lyrics. Because quoting a line from any song by itself is pretty weak. And I could use other bands you listen to as an example, Seether, KoRn, Disturbed etc..

And its news to me that a band pays for the whole tour out of their own pocket.

And yeah, download always has a completely negative effect on bands, look at the arctic monkeys.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote