Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 04:24 PM   #1848 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay
US will always have a hand in iraq. and with iraqs location near iran, and iran's refusal to stop uranium enrichment,
Because god forbid that Iran should have (relatively) environment friendly electric power! I mean, America should have it because they're such sane chaps. They'd never use nukes (apart from against Japan, and really who cares), they'd never fund or stock people who employ terror tactics (apart from Saddam, but hell you just blitzed his country to prove that he no longer had the weapons you sold him years back so I guess it's kinda balanced out. So what if the civvies can't get to hospital, or drink from their taps) and they'd never invade another country (apart from Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq ... twice ...). Compared to the dirty dirty international actions on the part of Iran, who are CONSTANTLY invading other countries and fingering the launch button for those abundant nuclear weapons.

You will excuse me for saying so, but if I we're not ok with Iran having nuclear power, why the hell do we let America stock nukes? Who are we to say that Iran must use coal power (and chuck out ton after ton of CO2) if they want to boil a kettle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay
it will be a cold day in hell when the US gives up its only stake in the middle east.
I thought that was Israel ...

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote