Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #1860 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay
i guess ur right. iran is no threat. not like theyre "friends" with russia, japan, or north korea who all hate us or anything. whats NOT safe about letting a country run by religious extremists who preach a message of hate and murder towards americans have nuclear capabilities. wheres my head at?
I'm not really too sure. You see, their President preaches messages of hate. Not the Ayatollah. The President can't launch a military campaign, the Ayatollah can. So although he may talk big, he can't do anything. The Ayatollah, Ali Khamenei, isn't running around preaching messages of hate. He's not a massive religious extremist who stones anyone who does anything vaguely against the Qu'ran and, as I've mentioned before, Iran on the whole is a very progressively minded country.

Not that it's entirely relevant. I hate George Bush but I'm not going to pick up a gun and start taking pot shots at him. And although Nuclear is a very scary word, there is a massive amount that has to be done to turn a nuclear power station into a nuclear missile. Them building a power station does not make them missile capable.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote