Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Metal Albums
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
InvokeTheDarkAge
Raise Thou Broadsword!

Default Classic Metal Albums

I guess I'll do one

1.Angel Of Death
2.Piece By Piece
3.Necrophobic
4.Altar Of Sacrifice
5.Jesus Saves
6.Criminally Insane
7.Reborn
8.Epidemic
9.Postmortem
10.Raining Blood

For real Thrash Metal-fans "Reign In Blood" is something like the Holy Grail. The ultimate Thrash -album. What SLAYER are celebrating on their third longplayer is just plainly incredible. The guitar-duo Hannemann/King has assembled some of the heaviest and coolest riffs of all time on this album. And then still add the masterly drumming of Dave Lombardo and the brutal vocals of Tom Araya.
The first song "Angel Of Death" is all over you, devastating everything in its way. The almost five-minute inferno is one of the best slayer songs ever.
"Piece By Piece" is another ultra-brutal neckbreaker. In not even two minutes the band is thrashing through this thunderstorm of riffs, just plainly brilliant. The same applies for the following, even shorter eruption of hate "Necrophobic". That Mr. Araya doesn't yell his lungs out is a miracle. The then following songsof "Altar Of Sacrifice", "Jesus Saves", and "Criminally Insane" are like a hit to the face.
With "Postmortem" the Kings of Thrash then get at it a bit slower and groovier, the only song that leaves you a little air to breathe, even though that alone is hard already with these riffs. Well, and if that had not already been enough, there still is the second megahit of the band: "Raining Blood". The horned one has to have written this song by himself. An incredibly dark inferno that can hardly be surpassed in brilliant furiosity and well-placed breaks. An truly crowning close to a masterpiece!

"Reign In Blood" really is one of the best Thrash-albums of all time, if not the best. What else should I write about this killer-albums? It is just immortal, the legacy for all maniacs. SLAYER rules!!!