Music Banter - View Single Post - ok....one more try
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 12:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Read my post.

"Besides, ciggarettes = burning. Burning = fire, and fire is often refered to as living."

I was speaking in the songwriting sense, i've seen fire refered to as living plenty of times in songs and it has worked.

"Actually, look life up in the dictionary fire could be applied to plenty of those."

Did I say it was? Nope, I said it could be and for the record, technically a fire could be a living thing. "to continue in existence, operation, memory, etc.; last: a book that lives in my memory." I could probaly dig more stuff up but I don't paticuarly care to.

So I can't call you on something I disagree with? My opinions havn't changed on it. That was pretty pointless to point our Raine, what were you trying to prove?
So what was the point of your previous post telling me to look up the word living in a dictionary?

Technically a fire can not nor will it ever be a living thing.
But metaphorically yes it can be.

I don't particularly feel like thrashing my brain trying to remmeber Biology 1 stuff so we'll agree to disagree on this since neither of us arguing benefits Pipers who started this thread for opinions on her work. The fact that you and I have different opinions on it shouldn't be an issue.

End of useless of spam

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote