Music Banter - View Single Post - ok....one more try
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 01:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine
Oh so it's nice to know we believe everything we find on the internet. Oh how modern day technology has transformed us into sloths.
Once again, learn to read. At least make your semi-nice insults accurate.

"I pulled it right out of the dictionary and double checked it on the internet."

Quote:
And what is memory sense? Explain that because it doesn't really help your case (anyway) so i'm trying to understand what is going through your mind here.
"The fire I saw that night still lives on in my mind", or if you want me to rephrase that to include the exact word. "The fire that night is still alive in my mind". Unless you consider that inproper use of the word alive and two up to date english dictionary systems are wrong.

Quote:
And I know I said this before but I'll say it again because you seem to be rather determined to pursue this issue, in the metaphorical sense a fire can be a living thing. but it is not a living thing.

There i put it in italics just so it stood out. Didn't want you to miss it.

See above, it isn't speaking metaphorically at all. Seeing as it being alive in memory would be correct.

Quote:
And since you don't want to do the whole agree to disagree thing, can we at least drop it now?
Alright as long as you don't pull any "i gotta get the last word" crap.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote