Music Banter - View Single Post - Battle of the bands???
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

That's why you need to host your own! They're all rigged anyway, the band that knows the organisers, is managed by the organisers, goes out with one of the organisers etc. they always win. So you might as well have your own at the next band practise. To make it sound more official, all you need to do is give it an official-sounding name.

So far we've won the Selly Oak Battle of the Bands, the Rich Bitch Battle of the Bands, the Birmingham University Unofficial Battle of the Bands, the Bristol Road Battle of the Bands, the Meditech Battle of the Bands, the Revival Sounds Battle of the Bands and the list keeps growing.

In fact, tonight I might go home, pick up my guitar and win another Battle of the Bands. No, can't wait that long, I'll go into the toilet at work, sing and that can be the Battle of the Bands, sponsored by the EU, that I'll be winning.

Battle of the Bands are a joke, so by doing this its hardly devaluing it.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote