Music Banter - View Single Post - Who influenced your music taste?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
sainthood
VILLAGE IDIOT

My father gave me classic-rock influences even at the age of three. He and I would sit down in front of the tape machine and listen to The Who, Jackson Browne, Bruce Springsteen, U2, The Band, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Simon and Garfunkel, CCR, etc.

As I grew, I kept that influence but as a 7-9 year old, I listened to pop like Smash Mouth or Lenny Kravitz.

I eventually got into "alt-rock" at age 10-12 (Big Wreck, Pearl Jam, Our Lady Peace), before revisiting my classic-rock roots from age 13-14, getting into the Stones, Floyd, Zeppelin, The Clash, Poison, GnR etc. Age 15 I got into the whole post-punk/"new wave revival" stuff like The Killers, Interpol, The Bravery, etc. Then it became overdone, overplayed (Killers especially, so I tired of it). Age 16-17(now) I got more into hip-hop. Initially bought some Public Enemy, Wu-Tang, The Roots, Atmosphere.

So yeah, I guess classic rock is in my veins, but my music style's changed quite a bit.

I like to listen to mostly indie stuff because I'm a bit elitist in the sense that I hate listening to the same stuff the ignorant, slutty 14 year old down the street listens to. I like being more unique. But I still don't force myself to listen to certain stuff to fit a trend. I like what I like, and just cause I say I like hip-hop doesn't mean I can't like The Raconteurs.

So there you have it.

My 5 Favorite Bands of All Time: The Clash, Rage Against the Machine, Wu-Tang Clan, The Who, The Beatles

WHERE ELSE AM I IN THE INTERNET?
sainthood is offline   Reply With Quote