Music Banter - View Single Post - Does any1 use limewire
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Are you just ignoring the fact completely? Let's do it this way. Wait for Sound Devastation to get on, and let's get his input. He owns a label, and has sided with me on the past about how it is vital to maintain the label's intrest in you.
As many intelligent people as I've met on this site, I'm somewhat shocked that not many of them are seeing our point. So Dustin, looks like it's just us for the moment. But I'm sure someone who actually owns a label is going to know more than any of us....let's wait for some professional opinions.
Cause as a musician whos playing shows selling his stuff my opinion means nothing right? I'm tired of cd buyers stupid eltist thoughts of "of were better cause we purchase our music, and you're so horrible because you download".

I need the very little money I have to pay for college and buy the occasional thing for my girlfriend, I don't make enough money to purchase albums. I'm sorry i'm not some rich suburban kid whos parents can buy everything for him, or some 30 year old with a high paying job. I can't afford to buy CDs, but i'm not going to make myself suffer by only listening to the albums I have just so I can look like some moralistic saint.

I have no problem with people downloading my music, infact I encourage it because I can barely get any exposure here aside from my town. People who listen to my stuff from like, england & alanta would have no other way to listen to it all if I didn't upload it.

I don't make music to make money, though I do enjoy getting money for it, but I make music because I find it fun and enjoy people hearing what I do and what do you do for your music scene? Oh, bitch about downloading on musicbanter.