Music Banter - View Single Post - Does any1 use limewire
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #99 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURDER JUNKIE View Post
I love noobz, keep wasting your hard earned on cd's that make you a bigger fan than anyone else. Downloading is a loophole in the system, software companies have rectified a lot of it and until the record companies step up and do the same I will continue to get the majority of my music for free. I am not out to argue I am simply stating my practices, I'm not saying I won't buy a cd but if I don't have to than it is a pretty easy choice to make. I would rather buy Cd's from local bands that NEED the assistance

If you are talking about major international groups than that is one thing, but the moment you start talking about the underground (any band/label not prone to mainstream exposure) those companies/entities are truly hand to mouth organizations. I do download music, but I also buy the majority of CDs I own. Often from the band themselves.

And downloading music, no matter what loophole it might lead you through is an illegal practice. The way it's done on MB is legal, the music is hosted through a non-interested party and then the requester if-you-will then downloads the album, listens, and hopefully buys it if they like it. Torrent sites and File sharing programs are hurtful to underground music.

And I'll address this now as well, it was stated earlier that most bands would trade exposure and low sales for anonymity and higher sales. If a band is in the predicament, odds are they'd like for people to buy their stuff first, so they can tour off the money, live off the money while on tour and expose people through live shows rather than simple recordings.