Music Banter - View Single Post - Why...
Thread: Why...
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Default Why...

... is it that most new bands online don't include their song lyrics in their page? I'm sure there are many different possible reasons and they must vary from band to band, but it kind of annoys me that I can't read the lyrics from most unsigned bands, because that's what I'm used to doing with sleeve notes. I like doing it and want to do it more often, but I can't because they don't usually make the lyrics accessible.

What I'm asking is, if you were in a band why would you NOT put your lyrics online. Surely you'd know them! It can't be copyright because if you have put it into the public domain as clear text - with any kind of electronic data about the date of the file's creation - then your right should be more defensible than if you just have sound recordings of the word, where a copyist can question what you were actually singing. Although maybe most bands don't actually understand copyright.

So why else? Laziness??
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote