Music Banter - View Single Post - Football and the English.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #47 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

You don`t need to have a big score to have a good game.

Take Englands 1 : 0 win over Argentina in World Cup 2002. England go ahead just before half time Argentina basically throw everything at England non stop for the next 45 minutes. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole of that game it was so close , as were the 12 guys I was watching it with. Much more tension than any drama i`ve ever seen on TV or at the movies.It was exausting just watching that game.

There`s also England vs Portugal at Euro 2004. England go one up after 2 minutes , With 20/25 minutes left Portugal bring on Luis Figo who single handedly brings Portugal back in it & go 2 : 1 ahead , England have a goal dissallowed and then finally equalise in injury time forcing the game to extra time & penalties.

Oh and ask Right-Track about Man Utd vs Bayern Munich in the 1999 champions league final , only 3 goals scored in that game but a game people will still be talking about for decades to come.

Big scores?

Keep em , we don`t need them.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote