Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #84 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

I like rush, I like yes, I like a lot of music and musicians that you would care to name, but I also like KoRn, and if you listen to their albums, rather than just sprouting sh*t for ages, you might hear a progression in their music, such as a slide from metal more towards techno. It's obvious, and it's undeniable. THAT was what MY original argument was, and is. If you thought that I meant that they were progressive in the sense that yes and rush, who are in an entirely different genre of music, are, then you're the one misreading posts. I would regard an ability of a band to change their style of music, to progress in their own right, to refine their sound, as a sign of a good band. And this KoRn have done. They are instantly recognisable, and I know one of you is gonna say "yes, instantly recognisable as Sh*t" but that's your taste. I could probably say that about any number of bands that you all listen to, that doesn't mean I'm right though, it's just what I think.

EDIT: In reference to the beat yr own KID's last post

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote