Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 02:54 PM   #88 (permalink)
beat yr own KID
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
I like rush, I like yes, I like a lot of music and musicians that you would care to name, but I also like KoRn, and if you listen to their albums, rather than just sprouting sh*t for ages, you might hear a progression in their music, such as a slide from metal more towards techno. It's obvious, and it's undeniable. THAT was what MY original argument was, and is. If you thought that I meant that they were progressive in the sense that yes and rush, who are in an entirely different genre of music, are, then you're the one misreading posts. I would regard an ability of a band to change their style of music, to progress in their own right, to refine their sound, as a sign of a good band. And this KoRn have done. They are instantly recognisable, and I know one of you is gonna say "yes, instantly recognisable as Sh*t" but that's your taste. I could probably say that about any number of bands that you all listen to, that doesn't mean I'm right though, it's just what I think.

EDIT: In reference to the beat yr own KID's last post
If you can't tell the difference between talent and mindless marketed crap then may god have mercy on your soul. You're a tool. Defending your taste in music is one thing, insulting real musicians by calling korn progressive is another. learn what the word means. Oh wow so they toss is safe metal with hip hop early on and then decide (as you said) to go towards more techno. That doesn't mean progression! At all.
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote