Music Banter - View Single Post - ATTN: Youtube users.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Default ATTN: Youtube users.

I'm too lazy to type up an alternate version of this, if you upload stuff on youtube you should read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillmon View Post
YouTube just updated their Terms... now anything you upload is automatically their property, no matter what it is, and therefore they have the rights to distribute it, sell it, or do anything they want with YOUR MATERIAL, and they never have to give you any sort of credit whatsoever, because according to their terms, by uploading the material you are giving it to them.

Just a heads up for everybody... if you write a song or some material, don't upload a video of you playing it to YouTube, otherwise you're giving it to them. And don't be suprised if you upload a video of yourself doing something stupid, and suddenly it's in one of those Vonage commercials without you ever knowing about it. I reccommend that we all boycott YouTube and switch to Google Video.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote