Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 04:28 AM   #1917 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
since when did this become US vs North Korea? ths US is just part of the UN, along with alot of other countries (including the UK), who are trying to do whats best for the world. and Iran funds and sponsors terrorism. is that good for the world?......nope. is it good for that dick-weed kim jong-il to hav enuclear capabilities....nope. so dont write this off as the US trying to run the world, lets not be so neive.

*naïve

You live…you learn.
And if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that governments only do things when there's something in it for them.

For "what’s doing best for the world", read...what’s doing best to maintain the status quo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the U.S or my own government here. I believe they have little choice.
What I do criticise however, is the "we do it for world peace" routine.

Yes, we are a part of the U.N. but since when did the U.S./U.K. take any notice of the U.N.?
Certainly not concerning Iraq, or Israel for that matter.

I'm a cynical person when it comes to politics. I believe, as I stated in an earlier post, that if we don't…someone else will.
I believe that Iraq, Iran and Korea (Korea to a lesser and more indirect way) are not so much a military threat, but are more an economical threat, to the future of the western world.
In Iraq and Iran's case, it's for oil. As for Korea, they pose a threat to the stability of South East Asia.
And there lurking in the background...China.

Here's how, in my opinion, it will pan out.
Put diplomatic pressure on Iran and Korea over their nuclear policy.
Using the U.N. initially, with the U.K. and Japan providing political support, respectively.
Which ultimately fails.
Invade Iran (if Israel don't bomb Iran's nuclear plants first, which they have in the past) under the usual "terrorist/freedom for it's people" excuse. Yes they are a threat, but that's a side line.
Install a Democratic government…do business.
Non of which, incidentally will reduce the threat of terror. Quite the reverse!
This achieves many objectives;

1. Control of middle eastern oil for the west.
2. Send a clear and serious message to Korea, of how we deal with rogue nuclear wannabe states, in the hope that they buy the bluff.
3. Puts pressure on China to find a solution. And here's the end game. China becomes a democracy.

Like I said oojay…I'm a cynic.
Maybe the U.S. really are the 7th Cavalry and Bush is General Custer…and I'm the Pope.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote