Music Banter - View Single Post - Klaxons
Thread: Klaxons
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 07:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Whirlwind Disaster
Music Addict

my point exactly. There was no real scene of prominance in the UK at the time. Bands such as feeder, travis, stereophonics, coldplay and david gray were the notable acts in the industry. Oasis and blur were on a creative decline, radiohead were sporadic in thier releases and the Britpop genre was ebbing away. Boybands like Nsync were amassing huge success and the popstars TV show was taking britian by storm. Music looked **** for the new generation. The UK was looking to America for the latest acts and developements - which we dont like doing! Then the Libs came along and we had a group of our own who were fresh and exciting. They've been very influential to bands for the last couple of years so i dont quite understand what your saying there? Yes they carried on the britpop movement - they are a popular british band after all. But they also had an accessibilty through various guerilla gigs that fans could latch onto. They gave us back controversy, excitement and edge to our industry for a couple of years. Anyway, the point is i believe klaxons are doing similiar now, not as much maybe - but they and others making it all a bit exciting again.