Music Banter - View Single Post - New Subforum.
Thread: New Subforum.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

you havent actually backed up in any way your point that i dont know what im talking about. All you've done is stated a differing opinion, and its a valid opinion, they do both have elements of punk. But the element is not big enough to be put in punk. its that simple to me. Psychobilly is so much more than punk, it has so many more influences (more important influences) to it. Screamin Jay Hawkins and Stray Cats are seen as the two innovators of the genre and their rooted in the blues and rockabilly movements. The punk element is just the attitude that goes with it. It has no musical similiarities to me at all. New Wave is completely different from punk in terms of sound. Completely. production and structure are two key components in new wave whereas in punk their probably the least two important. Its your choivce where you want to put such threads, but i disagree with you completely.

And that link means nothing. Post Punk AND New Wave. New Wave came straight out of the Punk Movement, so what?
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote