Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big3's Second Annual Bitch-a-thon
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default The Big3's Second Annual Bitch-a-thon

You've been warned.

I'd like to think that since I've been at Music Banter, I've made a concerted effort to not only keep it music based, but to make it a place that would give lesser known bands a fighting chance, or at the very least a place for all of us to get the inside scoop on bands before out friends so we can remain far more hip than they are.

So im goign to pose an argument here, its purpose is to start debate, if you don't like fighting or discussion, please just leave the thread.

Heres my position: Its my opinion that people who leave dead-end commentary in threads like "yeah I like [obvious popular song] too" kill the thread and more importantly, discussion. I think it sucks. I've seen some well detailed and impassioned posts that were followed by 3 or 4 of the aforementioned posts and then no one feeds off the intelligent post. They see the no-hearted commentary that boosted a post count and they give up.

I know we can't get rid of them, but the other discussion killer I see around here are the links to songs. Now im not asserting that the links are bad, but a link these days is an excuse to not write a damn thing about a song. They're killing dicussion. I'd like to ask for everyone to write something about the link or song you just posted as a means of getting the fire started.

Im all for allowing people easy access to music. I don't think everyone should become amazing writers to convey their passions on the songs they like, but I don't want to see it become MusicLink either.

Thanks,
Big3