Music Banter - View Single Post - Explain American Football To People From The UK
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I`ll be interested to know what peoples opinion of franchises.

I mean do you think that 32 professional teams to cover the whole of a country the size of the U.S. is a little small?
I mean England has 92 professional clubs just in the football league with a handful of amateur clubs turning pro outside the league with ambitions to get into the league & play at the highest level , there are about 15 clubs just in London alone

Do you think there should be more openness like there is in British football with promotion & relegation? giving smaller teams a chance to grow & be up there with the big boys? Would you like to see more cities represented?

What happens when a team loses it`s franchise? do they still play at a competative level? Do the fans of the old team follow the new team even though they could be playing their matches hundreds of miles away?
no 32 teams is plenty. it works out well when it goes to the playoffs. most fans of the old team do still follow the new team (ex. Houston Oilers --> Houston Texans). and there is also NFL Europe with i think 20-30 teams. many players refine their craft in NFL Europe before moving to the big time.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote