Music Banter - View Single Post - MusicBanter Compilation 2006
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

I`ve listened to the first comp , here`s my opinions. Don`t expect any mercy.....

80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Giant Bones
I like this band , this isn`t the song I would have chosen and it`s not really a favourite of mine , but it`s alright

Big Boys - Heartbeat
Sounded to me like one of those 70s pop rock bands with a bit of early 80s power pop thrown in.I like this a lot I want to hear more.

Gil Scott-Heron - The Bottle
Bet I know who`s choice this was , I like this a lot , again I wouldn`t mind hearing some more. I heard one of his albums a couple of years ago & it didn`t really grab me. Maybe a re-evaluation is in order.

Motograter - Suffocate
Just sounds like every metal cliche going , bands like this are why I hardly listen to metal anymore. I bet they all have beards & tattoos.

Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Sex Bomb Boogie
I don`t think i`ve heard this song for about 18 or so years. I still knew all the words though

At The Drive In - Arcarsenal
I`ve always thought this was one of the weaker songs on the album , I like the band i`m just not that keen on this song.

Dream Theater - Beyond This Life
I gave it a chance , really I did but after I found myself skipping bits after about 50 seconds , the extended guitar solo made me want to vomit , so did the extended keyboard solo , the vocalist and the painfully cliched lyrics made me wish I was vomiting over him. Everything I hate about music summed up in an overlong 11 minute wankfest.

Jimi Hendrix - Spanish Castle Magic
Ahhhhhh Jimi , after enduring Dream Theater this was such sweet relief.This is one of my favourite Hendrix tunes anyway so it gets high marks from me.I`m just glad it was this version and not Yngwie Malmsteens abomination that was included. Having to listen to both that and Dream Theater would have probably given me a brain aneurysm.

Pain Of Salvation - Iter Impius

Reason to hate the 80s Number 12,756,765

80s power ballads like this one

What do you mean it`s not that old?
F*ck , I hope this revival dies out pretty sharpish

Suede - Animal Nitrate
Amazing , Brilliant , Fantastic song , whoever uploaded this is a genius.

what?

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote