Music Banter - View Single Post - MusicBanter Compilation 2006
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #56 (permalink)
_Spinning_
Inexplicably Back

80's Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Giant Bones -- Not really my thing...quite nice, but didn't enjoy it all that much, personally. ***
Air - La Femme D'Argent -- Nice and relaxing....though slightly drawn out. But I didn't get tired of it. ****
Amusement Parks On Fire - Out Of The Angels -- Would like to hear more...this is more my style.... *****
Babes In Toyland - Wont Tell -- Not a big fan of these guys, but I can stand it...Would listen if bored. ***
Between The Buried & Me - More Of Myself To Kill -- Not generally a screaming fan....but it's good. I like it.***+1/2
Bigs Boys - Heartbeat -- Interesting...reminds me of something, but I don't know what. Enjoyable, but wont feature on my playlist much. ***
Billie Holiday - Come Rain Or Come Shine -- Billie Holiday. Wonderful. ****
Black Label Society - Sold My Soul -- Like these guys a lot. Good choice of song. ****
Dream Theatre - Scene Four: Beyond This Life -- Well....umm....What? Far too long and drawn out. Would be good if it was about 7 minutes shorter. **+1/2
Faith No More - Hippie Jam Song -- Haven't heard this before. I like the band and this song was very welcome after the previous. ****
Flogging Molly - What's Left Of The Flag -- <3 Flogging Molly. Excellent song choice. One of my favorites. *****
Gil Scott-Heron - The Bottle -- Mmmm....Soul....I like it. Will surely be looking for more. ****
Horizontal Orange - Lessthanthree -- Ehhhh....Average, at best. I could listen to more if my computer crashed and it was the only album I had. **+1/2
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit -- Great song. Always liked it. ****
King Buzzo - Skeeter -- Interesting. Quite enjoyed it. ***+1/2
Melvins - A History Of Bad Men -- Been meaning to check these guys out for a while because of Rick's neverending rants about them. I say the rants are right. Great song. ****
Motograter - Suffocate -- Reminds me of Disturbed. However, I like Disturbed...I didn't like this. **
Of Montreal - Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games -- I like Of Montreal. I think they're different and I like it. Good song choice. ****
Okkervil River - For Real -- This sounds good. It sounds as though it should be famous. I like it. ***+1/2
Pain Of Salvation - Iter Impius -- Soothing. Enjoyable. Will listen more. ***+3/4
Porcupine Tree - Collapse The Light Into Earth -- Very nice. *adds to list of things to investigate* ****
Rise Against - Halfway There -- I like it. First time hearing Rise Against properly. It's good. ****
Sigue Sigue Sputnik -Sex-Bomb-Boogie -- Yay for the 80's. ***
Slint - Good Morning Captain -- Good song. Tight. Together. Enjoyed. ****
Suede - Animal Nitrate -- BritPop is great. Good for a listen from time to time. Enjoyed a lot. ****
Jimi Hendrix - Spanish Castle Magic -- Fantastic song. Brilliant artist. *****
Streetlight Manifesto - A Better Place, A Better Time -- I love Ska. I love Tomas Kalnoky. This is my favorite song of this album and went down a treat as the final song. *****
_Spinning_ is offline   Reply With Quote