Music Banter - View Single Post - My Chemical Romance
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #688 (permalink)
Rhia
Groupie

Oh dear, I fear I'm about to lose all possible respect and cool points on this forum, but... I do like the new album. I'd been given reviews of how it was a "merely boring run-of-the-mill new rock album" but, it's not, even on first listen. It's interesting. And although normally I have issues when bands claim it's influence when it's practically imitating, I don't mind the way they took The Wall under their wing... It all added something a little extra to the album, anyway. The opening track seems to hit you with a healthy dose of Pink Floyd, just, with a My Chemical Romance and death-obsessed twist.

I just have a huge issue with the band themselves, especially with this whole take on terminal illness and death they have. I know it's worked on the album, and I do love the music and the whole concept of the album. But honestly, that boy will never learn, he's gone about almost bragging about how he's cut his hair to get into the role of cancer victims all the better. Just shush, Gerard.
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote