Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Fanboy Ridden Bands??
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #55 (permalink)
beat yr own KID
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
I'll say one thing: I don't think a band's annoying fanbase should really be something for anybody to get pissed off at. The attitude of holding those sorts of fans in contempt, more often than not, will get in the way of enjoying the band and its music: if you listen to the music with the hate of the fans in mind, you'll automatically "try" to find something you dislike in the music itself.

In more extreme situations, you actually get music "critics" purposely degrading, ridiculing and even insulting the music of a band simply as part of a vendetta against the fans and for the sake of flamebaiting.

How many people hate Pantera and Tool, for example, without ever even having given their music a PROPER try? Many haters should ask themselves such questions in earnest.

My two cents.
It can matter when you go to see a band at a show and their fans can totally ruin it. Main reason I stopped going to hardcore shows.
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote