Music Banter - View Single Post - Tenacious D
Thread: Tenacious D
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Tenacious D

Dave Ghrol called them the new Nirvana
An astute observer in a class of mine said they were the new Simon and Garfunkle
They proclaimed they wrote the greatest song in the world, only to later in the same song say it was only a tribute.

With their new CD "The Pick of Destiny" and songs like "Bealzzaboss" "Classico" "Dude I miss you" and the title track, Tenacious D might get another moniker that was once created for another group; "The only band that matters".

No band prior to them had blended the unlikely genres of folk/metal/classical into the same musical concoction. No band that has been as funny has played or sang as well with amazing songs to back up their humor. You can listen to a Weird Al song so many times before it becomes unfunny and irrelevent, but when the tenacious songs lose their humor they never fall short with the amazing composition.

To me, these days, there is rarely a band who can stack up. Tenacious D puts out one CD every couple of years and turns 90% of the other acts out there to dust. They are completly serious about their lack of seriousness, and when stacked up against the Jet's and 30 seconds to mars's theres no competition whatsoever.