Music Banter - View Single Post - Cosmo Kramer makes an ass out of himself.
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #171 (permalink)
RHYMEFESTkillah
Account Disabled

Quote:
For second I'll pretend to agree with your suggestion just for the sake of a question. If 5 people of the same different race beat me up and kill me because I'm white is that racism because in that occasion they were the majority?
Didn't hiu ask that a few pages ago?
I'll reply just like I did for him. Look, I read everything that you guys post, and when you make a point, I either use knowledge I currently have, or research to be able to form an informed counterpoint. Anytime that I have used research and not previous knowledge to make a counterpoint, I have not only posted the article which I used but also given a direct link to the web page and usually the authors name and accreditations, simply so you can know exactly what source I am using. I READ what you post, extend the same curtesy to me, or don't argue with me. I'll post again what I posted when hiu asked me that. Not saying that this is fact since, as jibber pointed out it is in fact an opinionated paper, but it represents how I would answer the question since the opinion represented in the article represent my own opinions on racism as well.

Quote:
While a Black or Latino person, through the use of a gun and/or intimidation, can force a White person to do as he?as an individual?desires, this is an individual act of aggression, not a socially structured power arrangement
Well, considering we have been talking about Racism in the nation of America, I'll go ahead and say nation.
RHYMEFESTkillah is offline   Reply With Quote