Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #476 (permalink)
Alo
Scarf

I just went to a 2-night-festival... And it was sooo great!
Here are some reviews and tips:

Little Man Tate - Supposedly the 'next biggest thing', but they're kind of mainstream, they do not interact with the audience, and their songs are pretty simple. Pass them!

The Rifles - Many of you might hate them, but they were so great live! There was so much energy in their show, and the songs sound a lot better live. And I met one of the guitar players, we shared sweat with a hug and a peck in the neck. <3 [/groupiemode]

Milburn - The band itself wasn't really interactive, just some young and nervous pups. But their music was awesome! The crowd went wild, and the music came out great!

Boy Kill Boy - Skip! The cd is pretty average, but it gets worse live, booooriiiing. Unless you keep looking at the drummer, he was making a total arse out of himself.

The Young Knives - Yaaaawn. -skip-

Klaxons - <33333 This was such a great show! If you like this band on cd, wait till you see them live. They blew up our ears, and the crowd almost caused an earthquake! The band itself didn't really act interesting. But what an original sound!

747's - -skip- Boring, and they went into the crowd telling people they were from the band 747's, how lame is that?

Jamie T - It's ok for background music, or maybe it was the fact that I was sitting down during this concert... Oh, the guitarist was pretty funny, he had a sigaret holder thingy on his guitar, and he kept being really foolish, in a cute way.

Bromhead's Jacket - If you can see these people live, do it! Geniouses! Great catchy lyrics, really energetic show, and the guitarist always jumps into the crowd, and hurts himself and his guitar. Making him crash up the guitar in the end, throwing THAT in the crowd, thereby knocking someone out... xD
*Too bad that there were English people in the crowd, they always tend to mosh. Come on, mosh to Bromheads Jacket? Idiots. A little riot is fun, hitting a girl in the face is just sick.

the Automatic - the cd is pretty average, but it was actually great live! Really energetic, fun, and even original. They threw in a rock version of kanye West's golddigger. It was great! <3

Guillemots - This music made me so horny, and it wasn't only great because of that. They use all kinds of different styles, add some uncommon stuff (for instance: a guy in a kimono-like-dress, a contrabass, and a garbagebin for an instrument). It's great for music in the background, but definitely also worth seeing live!