Music Banter - View Single Post - Bloc Party - A weekend in the city
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Default Bloc Party - A weekend in the city

what are everyone's thoughts on the new album from Bloc Pa'ee ( get it? it was an english accent i just did!*proud* )...awesome album art methinks...
here are my impressions, song by song ( cos i'm listening to it right now for the first time and i'm incredibly bored ):

1. Song for Clay - absolute shit, undanceable, unsingable, the vocals are utter crap and it makes me wonder what the hell were they thinking when they decided to include this one in the album, and the opener no less....

2. Hunting for witches - ahh...here we go, the good old BP i know and love, exellent beat, almost new rave-like, but still soft and singable...thumbs up!

3. Waiting for the 7.18 - again with the drum magic, the guy is incredible, too bad Kele couldn't pull of the vocals....the chorus isn't very good but they make up for it by infusing a lot of sound to it...

4. The prayer - well, now i'm not sure if the beats are programmed or if the guy actually plays this....nice, different kind of beat...nice chorus, but the rest of the song doesn't really go anywhere..it's allright i guess...maybe it's a grower...

5. Uniform - kinda boring really....doesn't go anywhere...

6. On - wonderful beats, a nice and soft song, one of the best on the album i'd say...

7. Where is home? - another stinker i'd say, totally atonal

8. Kreuzberg - soft and nice, but it has nothing on, well, any of the songs from Silent alarm...it doesn't offend me, let's put it that way..

9. I still remember - read above ( probably single material, the guitar riff has that kind of a feel )

10. Sunday - more of the same...

11. SXRT - i think they're seriously trying to get me to fall asleep...

conclusion: a slight change in sound, a bit more programmed beats, still soft, romantic, a couple of good dance tracks, but all in all, definitely inferior to Silent Alarm....

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote