Music Banter - View Single Post - girlie man arnold
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 10:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Personally I think wanting to get the minority vote would be more of a factor of one wanting to pass the amendment then the fact that Arnold is in favor of it being passed. While Arnold was an imoportant figurehead in this last election, don't put him on the 2008 ballot. One thing you need to remember is that the GOP is historically the Southeast. The Southeast is just now coming out of the effects of Reconstruction, and race can still be a touchy matter in lots of places in the Southeast. And that isn't just a black-white issue. The fact remains it is near impossible to pass an Amendment.

Hmm, personally I won't take a stand on the issue. I don't see anything wrong with having a foreign born President, but those who wrote the Constitution did, and I'm sure they knew more about running this country than I did. I think it takes a lot of time to learn about the US, and knowing the American's mindset is one of the keys you need to be a leader, and I think it's hard for a foreign born to know Americans' mindset. PERSONALLY, I think a Black Male Democrat will be elected President before a female or foreign born.