Music Banter - View Single Post - What say ye?
Thread: What say ye?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

From listening to the song which our guitarist mixed, I tend to agree.

For a start, I'm annoyed that our guitarist (who mixed it) used the vocal takes where I'd lapsed into a semi-american sounding accent, instead of all of the other ones where I keep my normal speaking accent.

I'm annoyed that I never got to record the synth-violin lines that I put into a previous version and which did something to liven up what seems to be otherwise dull-as-ditchwater backing to the verses.

I'm annoyed that, now I can hear them properly, the guitar lines run over the vocal lines and just get in the way of the melody which, considering this was written from the vocals, with a chord structure, is just stupid. There are so many guitar rhythms and lines which could have been used and he has to use the ones which clash with the vocals.

I'm annoyed that there is no style whatsoever in the production, only bad levels so the guitar and drums are too loud compared to the vocals.

Overall, I'm annoyed that even though the 2nd, 3rd and 4th song on the site were recorded and mixed at home by me with a £10 mic and a £40 guitar going into my computer, the resulting music is (to me at least) more appealing, more interesting and probably more original than our band recording which involved a studio and some very expensive equipment.

On the basis of Leopard Print, if this wasn't my own band's music I wouldn't choose to listen to that song again, whereas "Not Much of A Place" and "Let's Pretend" I would listen to again.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote