Music Banter - View Single Post - School Project
Thread: School Project
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Do you consider yourself "indie"? If yes, answer group A questions, if no, group B.
I don`t consider myself to be anything,but as someone who listens to some of what would be regarded as 'indie' and also as someone who doesn`t regard themselves as a fan of it and can look outside of it i`ll answer both

Quote:
A
What does indie mean to you, ideally. (In other words, what should it mean? is it a genre? state of mind? label status? other?)
A bastardized term that lost it`s true meaning a long long time ago. In a time where stuff is easily accessable on the internet ,the size of the label it comes out on is irrelevent to me.

Quote:
How do you think the mainstream media/ non indie fan sees indie? (same type of thing- genre, state of mind, etc.)
Any generic white boy guitar music that isn`t metal

Quote:
What makes someone (not a band) indie? Is there a certain stereotype (dress, attitude, etc.)? Can a true indie fan listen to mainstream music? Are there any other restrictions/qualifications someone must avoid/meet in order to be "indie"?
Never really cared enough to form an opinion on other peoples clothes. Why would anybody want to be a true fan of anything , i`d rather listen to the best of many things than listen to a load of clone bands clogging up the 'scene'.

Quote:
B
What do you think it means for a band to be indie? (of a certain genre, state of mind, label status, or other)
The NME drooling over them for 6 month

Quote:
Is there a certain stereotype you have of indie fans? (could you pick one out of a crowd? specific clothes, attitude, etc.?)
People who read the above mentioned rag and take it as gospel.

[/QUOTE]

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote