Music Banter - View Single Post - Muse VS Radiohead
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #206 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I don`t have a problem with people thinking that there are bands as good as Radiohead.

I just have a problem with people saying Muse are as good as Radiohead.

But then just go into the rock & metal forum & you`ll see how many people would rather listen to some sh*tty stadium rock band sounding like some 70s throwback instead of something original.
The biggest problem I have is with people actually thinking that Muse and Radiohead are two bands that should be compared to each other in the first place. Radiohead do more experimental and artistic music, Muse do showing off and being 'overblown' as Expletive Deleted put it.

I happen to enjoy Muse's style of showing off and beyond that I think that they are the best exponents of this over the top musical style around. Radiohead are good and do have a broader style than Muse... but I don't think that any of the moods they try to create in their music hasn't already been created with much more impact already by jazz and classical.

Contrary to everybody else's insistence that Radiohead are original and Muse are not, I'm aware that with every Radiohead song I've heard since OK Computer I'm not experiencing a new overall feeling from a song because I've already had the same experience from some (usually instrumental) piece. With Muse music, there have been a lot of points where I've though "I haven't had that kind of musical experience before".

That's possibly because I've listened to a lot of classical and jazz and not very much prog and hair metal, but the sensation remains.

Last edited by DontRunMeOver; 12-04-2006 at 04:50 PM.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote