Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban Legends
Thread: Urban Legends
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
MobilizeTerror
Punk Rocker

Exclamation Urban Legends

I don't know about anyone else but I am a fan of urban legends, so if you know of any good ones, and know if it is true or false, or don't know post it here...

Here are some I know of -
Robbers in shopping mall parking lots are using ether-filled perfume bottles to render their victims unconscious. - False

The A&F Quarterly catalog issued by clothiers Abercrombie & Fitch includes nude and sexually suggestive photographs of young models. - True

A plaque made for a 2002 Martin Luther King Day celebration in Florida thanked James Earl Ray, King's assassin. - True

During a recent MTV appearance, singer Shakira said she'd rather have pigs listening to her music than Israelis. - False

Dell Computer cancelled an order placed by Weigand Combat Handguns because the company name triggered a security alert. - True

Police have discovered guns disguised as cell phones. - True

No Fear, Inc., a popular retailer, is being confused with the National Organization for European American Rights (N.O.F.E.A.R.), a white supremacist organization. - True

Nike denies customer's request to have his shoes personalized with the word 'sweatshop.' - True

That is all for now