Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex Pistols vs. Ramones
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 02:41 PM   #131 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
The whole 'Cash for Chaos' idea, was only really revealed through documentaries and such.

If you beleive Malcolm McLaren , Personally I think the guy was full of sh*t myself. They said they were in it for the money during the Grundy show long before McLaren came up with his whole 'Cash For Chaos' crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
The Pistols did not believe in what they were singing about, therefore I would say they were a lie.

Crass meant something.
They were just singing about their surroundings & where they came from and the frustrations at the time. IE Run down tower blocks in north London , The 3 day week , 3 million unemployed with no prospects. I remember Steve Jones saying that he wasn`t in the Pistols because he wanted to be , he said he was in the Pistols because thats ALL he had.
Understand where they were coming from and you will see they were very much for real no matter how much Malcolm McLaren tries to take credit for otherwise.Like it or not if it wasn`t for the Pistols there would be no Crass.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.