Music Banter - View Single Post - The 'philosophical debate' thread.
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

No. Belief is based around the parts of knowledge which you see as truth. Knowledge would include the parts of knowledge which you see as untrue as well.

For example, I don't believe in Christianity or Islam, but I still know a lot about it. And I'm well aware that religious/spiritual belief isn't the full spectrum of 'belief'. I need to think of more examples.

EDIT: To put it another way, if you're told something and you don't believe what you were told, you still know you were told it. You might argue that the information you recieve is what you believe you were told... but that's really called interpretation, not belief. I do think that knowledge depends on your interpretation of the information that comes your way and your selective recognition and recall of that information (different people will pay attention to and remember different parts of the same set of information).

Last edited by DontRunMeOver; 12-08-2006 at 08:17 AM.