Music Banter - View Single Post - Gift Ideas
Thread: Gift Ideas
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Default Gift Ideas

So it's two weeks till christmas, and I dont have a single person on my list crossed off yet, i'm getting a bit frantic. Luckily I only have a few people on my list, but I'm stuck with them, so I'm turning to the lovely people of musicbanter to give me their input. So, here's who i need help with:

my dad: engineer, LOVES gadgets, problem is, he has everything I could een possibly imagine for him, I honestly cannot think of a single thing he doesnt have. He builds tons of things around our house, and seeing as how we're renovating at the moment, i though of tools, but can't think of anything he doesnt have. He also loves outdoory types of things, so maybe some kind of outdoorsy gadgety thing (and yes I know i'm being vague, but this is how stuck I am).

my brother: 22, english major, usually I just get him one of the books he's asked for, but i'd love to get him something more interesting and unnexpected this year, he always gets me really great stuff, so I really want to get him something nice this year.

my boyfriend: i've already gotten him part of his gift, but it's kind of more along the lines of a novelty type thing, and i'd like to get him something nice as well. I had an idea, but i'm not sure it's a good one, so guys, help me out on this, give me honest opinions. He's REALLY into rock climbing (climbing with him is like me with skiing), so i was thinking of finding a really cool picture of a rock climber, and doing a pen and ink drawing of it and framing it (and i can actually draw, so it would be a good rendition). but i'm wondering if thats the kind of gift girls think guys will love but in reality its right along the lines of a framed photo of the two of you with "LUV U 4 EVR" on the frame. He's also a drummer (and ****ING good too, his band opened for atreyu at warped tour one year) so maybe something to do with music as well.

so please help me out, cause i'm at a bit at a loss
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER

Last edited by jibber; 12-10-2006 at 08:20 PM.
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote