Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 06:31 PM   #2590 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow View Post
I don't care what your ideals are but you keep saying the basic thing over and over.
Bullshit? It's basic logic. It's science. Your DNA and environment are the 2 factors that control who you are. Those are two things you have no control over. Your DNA more or less predetermines how you react to situations. They did this study in England where they genetically screened males who comitted extremely violent crimes. 75% had trisomy 23, XYY. My point of that is that your chemical make up is what decides what you do and your previous actions and exposure to different things is what determines what you'll do next. Making a complex chain that surely was inevidible just because of what came before.
So youre explaining how killing is wrong by telling me about chromosomes? And how can you say that one has no control over their environment? If you dont like where you live, move somewhere else. If you dont like your friends, get new ones. You argument holds no weight. Saying killing is wrong by describing how some british scientist thinks people may be pre-disposed to it makes absolutley no sense. And Im forced to say the same thing over and over and again because you dont seem to be comprehending common sense. I guess it comes down to nature vs. nurture (which I assume is what you were trying to get at in so many words). But your DNA is not what determines how one acts, it is determined by their own personality and free will. Im sure that if they screen many who didnt commit violent crimes, then they would find that exact same chromosome in them as well.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote