Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #2601 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
I agree with you 100% thats it takes both nature and nurture to determine a person's action, along with free will. And just b/c someone has an over-abundance of the testosterone hormone doesnt automatically mean that they will become addcited to alcohol or commit a violent crime. And while you may not be able to control your environemnt as much for the first 18 years or so of ones life, you can choose your friends, the places where you hang out, and the types of situations that you choose to put yourself into.
More testosterone of course doesn't mean that you'll definitely commit violent crimes. Though they should do a study on how XYY never got in trouble with the law.

I don't think you choose your friends. Think about it. When you're little you hangout with kids in your neighborhood. Correct? And basic real estate is that houses/apartments within a half mile of each other, about the distance your parents will let you stray when you're 5, are about the same the price. Most people buy the best place they can afford, especially if they have kids. So it's not a far stretch to say that the kids have similar economic backgrounds? So there, you haven't really chosen your friends. I don't think you can choose what situations you're in either. I mean if you're parents didn't guide you then again it's just not your fault. If your parents do guide you either wouldn't put your self there or when you did they'd correct you.