Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 07:15 PM   #2602 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Influences are determined by your environemnt. They said you have no control over your environment, how is that correct?
Whats the problem? That makes perfect sence to me. If I was brought up in an extreme christian sect, I would have little or no control on my environment, yet I would be influenced by it.

Quote:
And just b/c your parent is an alcoholic or wife beater doesnt determine whethere or not you will be. It may, according to some, give people somewhat of a pre-disposition,
By some? Thats playing down a truth if ever I saw one. Try and tell me you could go through your upbringning in that environment and not be predisposed by it.
Quote:
but it is not a mahor determining factor. Your ideas may be correct if youre dealing with 12 year olds who have no self confidence and just follow the flow, but most people in the world have a backbone, and choose to use their free will.
Jesus man, most people in the world have backbones formed by their upbringing. Everyone was 12 at some stage.