Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #2760 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
Oojay there is nothing thick headed about what I said, and it's particularly rich coming from you when your point of veiw is to back the complete unknown.

If I said to you the universe was the shape of two men partaking in sodomy, would you tell me I'm wrong? Yeah I've got no proof but I see no problem in going around saying this is right and everyone who doesn't believe me is wrong.

You have to realise that believing what you believe is only a perspective, you know, you can say all of your stuff but at the end of the day you are no more right than the next guy. I realise there could well be an afterlife, and a heaven, and a hell, and until it is proven, I'll take what has so far been apparent, there is no afterlife.

It's a bit like do you believe in innocent until proven guilty?

You know, I would hate to spend my life chasing a rainbow to find theres no pot of gold at the end.
So basically all youre saying is that you have no faith. Nearly all religions are based on faith, which is, as you so eloquently put it, "backing the complete unknown". And I most certainly do believe that my belief is unique to me, and everyone is entitled to theit own opinion, as I have stated SEVERAL TIMES.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote