Music Banter - View Single Post - I evaluate your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 02:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiu View Post
Hey, not to shabby. This guy doesn't just listen to every gay rock band from the 90s like most everyone else here. Sure, it's targeted towards the most popular genre artists but hey I'm not complaining. I like how the list features Claude Debussy next to Tom Waits next to Justin Timberlake. Sure, I don't like most of these artists but music is all about diversity and having diversity in what you listen to and I think you're doing ok. Of course we could do without Muse and Incubus though.

Tom Waits is jesus.
Well, I was writing in terms of how much I like their overall output and for some reason the bands/artists I like the most tend to be the most popular in that genre, not sure why that is. The answer that 'theyre most popular because theyre the best' would be a bit daft.

And now that you mention Incubus and Muse, I'm not even convinced that I like Incubus I just happen to spend a lot of time listening to them. Muse, I definitely do like.