Music Banter - View Single Post - I evaluate your taste in music
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
hiu
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
1. Negatory

2. Napalm Death preceded Siege and Fear of God. Can't say I've hear Cianamid.

3. Do you write music? From a muscians standpoint those bands define genius. I mean, Snowgoose from Camel is one of the first progressive epics and I don't get how anyone can listen to it with an open mind and not appreciate it.

Oh and old low-fi hardcore sucks. Well 90% of it.

People not being able to sing/scream, not being in anyway talented at their instruments, and singing mindless "non-conformist" anti-authoritarian lyrics = ****ty music.

oh and SEB, this wasn't the post your myspace list of trendy bands thread. It was pick ones. We all know you don't actually listen to music. So why bother pretending?
2. Napalm Death preceded Siege and Fear of God in when they formed but early Napalm Death weren't in the beginning what I would consider grindlike. Both Fear of God and Siege were around circa 1984-1985 (Fear of God maybe a little later) but they were still before Napalm Death released Scum and would be considered influences on grind, particularly Siege. See: Napalm Death - Siege of Power. All were roughly around the same time weither they were playing live, recording etc.

3. I do appreciate Camel but it's no fun to not bash on them.

You don't understand hardcore.