Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #2789 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
I scanned through the later parts of this and have some observations.

The core of nihilism isn't a belief in nothing. It's the idea that existence is absurd and therefore doesn't matter. Stop being stupid.

Um wrong? Atheists do not recognize supernatural powers. THESE TERMS ARE ALL EASILY ACCESSIBLE IN A DICTIONARY.

Again, wrong. There are no definites. That is faith. Both can be right. Both can be wrong. The possibilities are infinite. Stop claiming to have know truth. Because you can't.

I'd pose the same question to you. You do realize that you just said (in essence) everyone goes to heaven. Just differs based on what they believe. YOU HAVE CONTRADICTED YOURSELF. Again.

Again. Not true. And another example of you contradicting yourself again. You really should write down all the stuff you "believe" in a notebook somewhere. It keeps things less confusing

And besides, by your definiton, God is at once, all loving and all hating. He made all people correct? So unless you don't consider homosexuals people, then he made them as well. Well, if he made someone designed to sin, then isn't that sadistic? The Christian God is a diety raised not to love, but to use as a fear-inspiring idol. The tenets of "love" and "charity" that are preached in your houses of worship, are not applied in everyday life.

And now for my opinions on the religion topic. I was until roughly 4 months ago, a "Christian". But I, much like most of my former brethren, didn't bother actually applying logic to my faith. I do believe, nay, know that there is a God. But he's a cold hearted ******* who uses man as play things.

There is no afterlife. It's an arbitrary system set up by people to scarred to face the truly unknown. They can't reconcile living and dying and that being the end of it.

Existentialism. Read and know.
I will give the mods 5 minutes to lock this before I tear you a new one. Starting.........now.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote