Music Banter - View Single Post - Something that pisses me off...
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 05:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Melkor
Music Addict

Default Something that pisses me off...

I have a little beef I would like to vent here. Hope thi is the right place to post it. Not meant to offend anyone, so yeah.

Well, its about some stuck-up Black Metal/Death Metal fans. Not on these forums, but they seriously bug me. They seem to think that those two genres are the only ones that define 'True Metal' and put down all those who like others. I am a huge fan of Power Metal, so I have argued with many of those pricks who think that anyone who doesn't listen to Hirilorn or Burzum isn't a Metal fan. And what's more, they don't even consider your opinions.

Its not that I am against Death Metal. Heck, I like bands such as Emperor and Amon Amarth, and even now I am trying out other good stuff. But you talk to them about Helloween, Kamelot, Symphony X, etc. and they immediately call you a Metal 'novice'. That's so ****in' off the mark, I have been into Metal since I was 12. Maybe I am not knowledgeable, but I do know what I like, which is good Metal.

I am not talking about who has Metal taste. All I want is that you don't act like a snob just because you have listened to 100,000 'Cookie Monster Vocals' bands...it doesn't mean your taste is better, rather you are limited to a narrow range of music. Whereas, I listen to muscians singing about Dragons and Ice Warriors, true, but I am also open to good Black/Death Metal.

No offense to any Death Metal fans here. Its really a problem elsewhere. They are freakin' obsessed with this ****, Metal is supposed to be for Rockin' out, not collecting a ****load of bands and acting like a know-it-all.
Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote