Music Banter - View Single Post - Question....
Thread: Question....
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #1454 (permalink)
Mama Booze
Here's lookin at you, kid

Why was Eleanor Glyn invited aboard the Oneida? Hearst was there because it was his yacht. Marion Davies was there because she was Hearst's mistress. Thomas Ince was there because it was his birthday-party. Louella Parsons was their because she was the gossip columnist who needed to write about that weekend. Charlie Chaplin was there because Hearst wanted to see how him and Marion acted that weekend, as it had been rumoured there was a fling going on between him and Hearst got very jealous.
But, I don't see why Glyn is added to the equation. A British novelist with a love for the silver screen. Ok. But why on the Oneida? Ince was one of the men that helped build Hollywood, yes... did she have some connection with him? Did she know Marion? Louella? It puzzles me. And what further puzzles me is in the film "The Cat's Meow", which is a theory on film of the events that took place on the weekend of Ince's death on the yaht, they have Glyn, or the actress that plays her, narrating. Basically insinuating she was a very important part of the equation, but I really don't see how she fits in.
Anyone?
Mama Booze is offline   Reply With Quote